FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why do a fireworks show on the Saturday before the Fourth of July?
By falling on the Saturday before the Fourth, the Bremerton Bridge Blast allows people to get an early start to the holiday in addition to their usual festivities. There is no such thing as too much fireworks. So come out and enjoy this special show to kick off your Independence Day celebrations!
Where is a good place to watch the show from?
1. The Bremerton Boardwalk has the best public viewing plus live music, delicious food, crafts and shopping all day.
2. Evergreen-Rotary Park: New this year, we are presenting a free National Concert with Journey Revisited! We will also have a Beer Barden, Food and vendors along with a good viewing area with plenty of grass seating.
3. Whitey Domstad Park is the closest public area on the Manette side of the bridge, offering a grassy hill and some benches for families to sit down. *There is limited parking in Manette.
4. There are also VIP viewing seats on the USS Turner Joy Historical Ship. To purchase tickets, click HERE.
Where is a good place to stay?
The Baymont Inn & Suites is our recommended hotel, you can click HERE to book a room.
What road closures should I know about?
1. The Manette Bridge will be closed to vehicles from 8 a.m. Saturday until 2 a.m. Sunday
2. Pitt Avenue south of the roundabout will be closed thru 11th to Perry Avenue to vehicles all day
3. Upper Shore Drive in Manette will be closed to vehicles from 10th Street to Perry Avenue
4. The Manette Bridge will be closed from 7am to 2am for vehicle traffic but open to pedestrians.
What about Boaters?
Evergreen Boat launch will be closed all day on June 29th for the National Concert
Other boat launches are Port of Silverdale, Brownsville, Manchester and Tracyton. Boat traffic is restricted from crossing under the bridge from 9 p.m. until approximately 10:45 p.m.
Boat traffic is restricted from an area approximately 2,500 feet by 1,500 feet off the Bremerton marina during the air show. See Map Below.
Can I bring my drone to this event?
No. Drones of any kind are not allowed. This includes parks, the boardwalk, marina, the bridge or over water due to airshow restrictions and regulations.
Can I bring my Pet? Please leave Fido at home! Dogs and other domestic pets are not allowed on the Louis Mentor boardwalk during Bremerton Bridge Blast. This rule is for the health and safety of all festival-goers and your pet! A crowded boardwalk is a difficult atmosphere for a dog to navigate with all the sights, sounds, and smells! People may not see your pet and accidentally step on him/her, and pet accidents create unsanitary conditions. Questions? Please contact Bremerton Parks & Recreation at 360-473-5305.