FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why do a fireworks show on the Saturday before the Fourth of July?
By falling on the Saturday before the Fourth, the Bremerton Bridge Blast allows people to get an early start to the holiday in addition to their usual festivities. There is no such thing as too much fireworks. So come out and enjoy this special show to kick off your Independence Day celebrations!
Where is a good place to watch the show from?
1. The Bremerton Boardwalk is recommended as it has the best public views for the fireworks, airshow and announcements, as well as live music, and even better the upper level beer garden.
2. Evergreen-Rotary Park: New this year, we are presenting a free National Concert with Journey Revisited! High Voltage will be opening. We will also have a Carnival, Food and craft vendors along with a good viewing area with grass seating.
3. Whitey Domstad Park is the closest public area on the Manette side of the bridge. *There is limited parking in Manette.
4. There are also VIP viewing seats on the USS Turner Joy Historical Ship. To purchase tickets, click HERE.
Where is a good place to stay?
The Baymont Inn & Suites is our recommended hotel, you can click HERE to book a room.
What road closures should I know about?
1. The Manette Bridge will be closed to vehicles from 8 a.m. Saturday until 2 a.m. Sunday
2. In Manette, Pitt Avenue from Harkins to East 10th will be closed from 2:00pm - 1:00am
3. In Manette, East 11th St from Shore to Scott Ave will be closed from 2:00pm - 1:00am
4. In Manette, Shore Dr from 11th to Hayward Ave will be close from 2:00pm - 1:00am
5. Concert and Carnival at Evergreen Park: Sheldon Blvd will be closed from 14th to Pacific Avenue from Friday 11:00pm - Monday, July 1, 6am
There are many places to park in downtown Bremerton at parking garages and several City lots in the downtown core.
The City owned parking garages have safety features such as lighting, monitoring and patrolling.
On-Street Parking is free and will have unlimited times on the Day of the event
Disabled Parking “ALL DAY FREE” means a vehicle must displays a disabled parking placard
Day of Event ONLY: City Police and Impark will not ticket any cars for time restrictions.
HARBORSIDE GARAGE 100 Washington Avenue
WASHINGTON GARAGE 405 Washington Avenue
PARK PLAZA GARAGE 300 Park Avenue
622 Burwell Ave. Access from the ally off Pacific
CITY LOT 95 4th Street & Park Avenue
CITY LOT 98 800 5th Street
ON-STREET PAID PARKING IS FREE DAY OF EVENT
Additional parking: Free parking at Olympic College
Evergreen Rotary Park:
All parking lots and boat launch will be closed to the public starting at 11pm, Friday, June 28th.
Free parking is available at Olympic College
MAP BELOW: ROAD CLOSURES IN RED
The Manette Bridge will be closed to pedestrians from 9pm until after the fireworks show is cleared.
What about Boaters?
Evergreen Boat launch will be closed all day on June 29th for the National Concert
Other boat launches are Port of Silverdale, Brownsville, Manchester and Tracyton.
Boat traffic is restricted from crossing under the bridge from 9 p.m. until approximately 10:45 p.m.
Boat traffic is restricted from an area approximately 2,500 feet by 1,500 feet off the Bremerton marina during the air show. See Map Below.
Can I bring my drone to this event?
No. Drones of any kind are not allowed. This includes parks, the boardwalk, marina, the bridge or over water due to airshow restrictions and regulations.
Can I bring my Pet? Please leave Fido at home! Dogs and other domestic pets are not allowed on the Louis Mentor boardwalk during Bremerton Bridge Blast. This rule is for the health and safety of all festival-goers and your pet! A crowded boardwalk is a difficult atmosphere for a dog to navigate with all the sights, sounds, and smells! People may not see your pet and accidentally step on him/her, and pet accidents create unsanitary conditions. Questions? Please contact Bremerton Parks & Recreation at 360-473-5305.